Dates: Saturday 28th October 2017
Address: The Halloween Ball, Los Flambardos, Clodgey Ln, Helston, Cornwall, TR13 0QA
Age Restrictions: Under 18s are not permitted to The Halloween Masked Ball
Main arena opening times: Saturday 28th 18:00 (BST) till Sunday 29th 06:00 (BST)
Admission closes at 00:00 so make sure you arrive before this to guarantee entry.
Re-admission: No re-admission after 00:00
Campsite opening: 16:00 on Saturday 29th October 2016. On arrival if your camping you will be given a camping wristband which will allow you to enter the campsite, you can only get this wristband between 16:00-22:00 so please be aware you may not be able to gain access into the campsite if you arrive after 22:00.
Campsite closes: The campsite will close at 14:00 on Sunday 29th October.
Car parking opening: Saturday 16:00- Sunday 14:00
Please make sure you print out your car parking e-ticket ready for scanning at the car park entrance.
Campervan holder please bring your e-ticket to the main gate entrance in exchange for your campervan wristband. (This ticket will entitle everyone in your campervan to a campervan wristband)
Expect to be searched thoroughly upon entry and please do not bring anything from the prohibited items list below. It will be removed or you could be turned away. Unfortunately we do not have the facility to store confiscated items.
Please read all points regarding bringing your own alcohol to The Ball:
• Car Parks and Campervan areas – you can bring in limited amounts and types of alcohol (see below for restrictions of quantity and type)
• You will need ID to prove you are 18 or over to be allowed to bring alcohol in. Acceptable types of ID are: Passport or/and driver’s license
• You can only bring alcohol in if you are camping and this can only be done on first entry. You will not be allowed to exit & re-enter by use of your wristband with alcohol
• You are permitted to bring alcohol into the campsite. Alcohol is not permitted in the main arena and will be confiscated upon entry at the search point.
• Types allowed: Beer, cider (or equivalent such as Alco pops) wine, spirit. NO glass bottles are allowed. Quantity per person: 12 cans of beer OR cider OR Plastic bottles of beer OR cider, total volume up to 5 litres OR Box of wine (no glass bottles) up to 3 litres in volume, OR 1 bottle of spirit (no glass Bottles) up to 1 litre in volume.
• NO GLASS!
BUYING ALCOHOL AT THE EVENT:
• Alcohol is on sale at the event.
• Bring ID, you may be asked each time you buy a drink.
• Challenge 25 is in place at all bars
• There will be a variety of bars on site and these will sell a range of drinks
MASKED BALL HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE APPROACH TO DRUGS
All illegal drugs and new psychoactive substances (previously called ‘legal highs’) including nitrous oxide are prohibited. We will be operating a drugs amnesty system at the festival entrance where you can drop any drugs before the search with no consequences. After this point you will be searched on entry and there will be drug sniffer dogs in use. You may be refused entry to the festival and arrested if found with drugs. Searches may also take place within the festival. Devon & Cornwall Police have officers on site throughout the event. These security procedures are in place for the safety and well being of all festival goers, please help our security and steward teams keep queue times to a minimum by following their instructions and signage
• To park and use your camper van you must purchase an additional camper van pass from the tickets page. These are very limited and sold out in previous years. If you arrive without one you will NOT gain access. Tickets can be purchased in advance only from the ticketing page.
• Please make sure you print out your car parking e-ticket ready for scanning at the car park entrance.
• Campervan holder please bring your e-ticket to the main gate entrance in exchange for your campervan wristband. (This ticket will entitle everyone in your campervan to a campervan wristband)
• No gas cookers, portable stoves or any kind of gas/ fuel powered cooking equipment that is not built into your vehicle is permitted.
• Camper van tickets are valid for camping vehicles only. No cars or tents will be allowed in this zone.
• No electricity or water hook ups available. If it is being towed in the towing car must be removed and parked in the general car park.
• Campervans are parked in a designated area apart from the general carpark.
DOS AND DONTS
WHAT TO BRING
• ID – challenge 25 will be in place at all bars.
• Cash for the weekend. We cannot guarantee use of cash machines as they may run out of money.
• Mobile phone (a ‘temporary’ phone would be advisable in case of damage and loss)
• Tent and sleeping bag – if you’re camping.
• Warm clothes
WHAT NOT TO BRING – PROHIBITED ITEMS
• illegal substances, psychoactive substances, nitros oxide and legal highs
• aerosols, spray cans (including deodorants, perfumes, aftershaves, hairspray)
• anything that could be reasonably considered for use as a weapon
• Portable or disposable barbeques/gas/paraffin lamps or any fire/gas related cooking equipment
• Portable laser equipment and pens
• sky lanterns
• air horns, compressed air
• fireworks, flares
• large sound systems
• animals with the exception of guide dogs
• generators, apart from those permanently built into campervans
• gas canisters or cylinders apart from those fitted in campervans
• unofficial tabards or hi-vis jackets
• professional camera or video recording equipment (including SLRs and anything with a detachable lens)
WHAT TO DO
• Our festival is built on one of the most beautiful bits of land in the UK, bag your litter and use the bins provided. Please leave the campsite as you found it
• Enjoy the music – although please bare in mind prolonged exposure to loud music can damage your hearing. More info visit www.actiononhearingloss.org.uk
• Use the litter bins whenever possible.
PLEASE DO NOT:
• Do not bring fireworks – there are many farms in the area and they frighten livestock
• Do not try to break in – we have more dogs & security patrolling the perimeter than Alcatraz
• Please don’t smoke in any of the indoor areas, it is now illegal
What are the Terms and Conditions: They can be found here http://halloweenmaskedball.net/terms-conditions/
Lost Property: There will be a lost property and cloak room by the entrance to the arena, which is opening from Saturday 18:00- Sunday 06:00. From 07:00 it will be relocation to the Box office at the main entrance till 12:00, after this it will be taken to The Cellar Charity Shop in Porthleven http://www.porthlevencommunitychurch.org/index.php/cellar-home